Viral/Pathogen Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit
The MagMAX Pathogen / Viral Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit is designed to recover RNA and DNA from gram-negative bacteria and viruses in samples such as blood, swabs, urine, and viral transport media (VTM). The kit uses MagMAX magnetic bead technology, ensuring reproducible recovery of high-quality nucleic acid compatible with a wide range of applications, including real-time PCR, digital PCR, and next-generation sequencing.
Features of the MagMAX Pathogen / Viral Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit include:
• Automation-ready protocols designed for KingFisher Flex and KingFisher Duo Prime systems
• Rapid procedure allows 96 samples to be processed in <30 minutes
• Flexible protocol supports sample volume inputs from 200 µL to 2 mL of biofluids or transfers media
• No carrier RNA is needed
• Elution volumes ranging from 50 to 100 µL
Maximum sample input in a 96-well deep or 24-well deep plate format
The optimized reagents included in the MagMAX Viral / Pathogen kit allow you to maximize the amount of sample input, thereby increasing the amount of RNA and/or DNA recovered. Up to 400 µL of the sample can be processed per well on a 96-well deep KingFisher plate. For larger sample volumes, protocols are available to process up to 2 ml of sample per well on a 24-well deep KingFisher plate.
96 deep well plate or 24 deep well plate
Shipping condition: Room temperature
Product line: MagMAX ™
Purification time: <30 min
Benefits of MagMAX Magnetic Bead-Based Purification
Magnetic beads offer many benefits compared to other technologies for isolating nucleic acids. The beads bind nucleic acid more efficiently than fibreglass filters, resulting in higher and more consistent yields. Also, because no filters or vacuum manifolds are used, there is no risk of filter clogging due to cellular particles in the samples. This clogging problem is of particular concern with high-volume, protein-rich samples, such as whole blood or plasma, which are commonly used for viral testing.
The Dynabeads MyOne Silane contained in the MagMAX Pathogen / Viral Total Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit has optimized silica-like surface chemistry with a high specific surface area that enables efficient kinetics and high sensitivity in nucleic acid capture. These aspects make Dynabeads MyOne Silane ideal for the recovery of viral RNA and DNA present in low concentrations in body fluids. Once captured, these nucleic acids can be eluted in 50 µL of elution buffer for use in subsequent applications.
Content and storage
- 55 ml of binder solution, store at room temperature
- 100 ml of washing solution, store at room temperature
- 10 ml of elution solution, store at room temperature
- 1 ml of proteinase K, store at room temperature
- 2 ml DNA / RNA binding beads, store at room temperature